27 September 2009

Tok Pisin with Isuzu Lu: Ol Skulmanki

Isuzu Lu: Ol Skulmanki
Lu: "Ol skulmanki i amamas nogut tru bilong wanem sikul i pinis nau ... na ol papamama i amamas long mi kisim ol i go bek long ples ... Ol i save dispela ka i no bagarap long dispela rot ... Oyes, ol i save Isuzu em i gutpela ka tru ..."

Lou: "The schoolkids are awfully happy because school is over now ... and the parents are happy for me to bring them back to the village ... They know this car won't break down on this road ... Oh yes, they know Isuzu is a very good car ... "
This is a scan from a faded old photocopy of a cartoon ad by Bob Browne for New Guinea Motors in the Papua New Guinea Post-Courier, 1976. I've got a lot more, but I'll have to limit my scanning to just a sample because I see that the author/illustrator has published a collection of these cartoons. I just bought the last copy of Isuzu Lu Book 5 available on Amazon.com.

No comments: