In the past, I've assembled links to my own favorite blogposts before taking an extended break from the blog. This time, I'll post some of the apparent external favorites of search engines and specialty sites, judging impressionistically from my referral logs. The following hit parade is in chronological order, not in order of popularity. If I'm reminded of more, I'll add them to the list.
- 25 December 2003, Koreans of Central Asia
- 31 December 2003, The Prewar Russian Community in Korea
- 31 January 2004, First Southernization, Then Westernization
- 1 February 2004, The German Pacific "Gutpela Taim Bipo"
- 3 August 2004, The Last Japanese Holdouts in the Philippines
- 25 August 2004, Marshallese Spelling Reforms
- 13 February 2005, How Not to Do Comparative Linguistics
- 24 November 2005, Wontack Hong on Early Korea-Japan Relations
I'm not planning another hiatus until March, but I need to spend a little more time over the next several weeks on an old-fashioned publication project.
UPDATE: My thanks to The Argus, now Registan, for the first external link, and to The Marmot for both the second link, and the latest spike of traffic sent my way.